Cheryl Regehr is Vice-President & Provost at the University of Toronto. Former Vice-Provost, Academic Programs and Dean of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, she is a Professor of Social Work, with cross-appointments to the Faculty of Law and the Institute for Medical Sciences. Professor Regehr has received awards for research and teaching and is the author of 6 books and over 120 scholarly articles. Her practice background includes over 20 years of direct service in forensic social work and emergency mental health and in the administration of mental health programs.
- Provost Cheryl Regehr named one of Canada’s 100 Most Powerful Women
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Newsletter
- Statement on Recent Acts of Anti-Semitism (October 20, 2016)
- Statement on Free Expression (October 19, 2016)
- University Statement on Gender Identity and Gender Expression (September 30, 2016)
- Provost’s Statement on Prevention and Response to Sexual Violence (December 2014)
- Provost’s Response to “The Perils of Philanthropy” (February 2011)
- Division of the Vice-President & Provost Organizational Chart
- Accessible Text Version – Division of the Vice-President & Provost Organizational Structure
A complete Staff Directory of the Division of the Vice-President & Provost can be found online here.
History of the Position
A complete history of the University of Toronto Provosts can be found online here.