The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators governs the decanal search and appointment process. Following a call for nominations, the President appoints an Advisory Committee, composed in accordance with the Policy.
The following advisory search committees are active:
- Advisory Committee on the Dean, Faculty of Arts & Science
- Advisory Committee on the Director, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy
- Advisory Committee on the Dean, of the Faculty of Information
- Advisory Committee on the Dean, of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
- Advisory Committee on the Dean, of the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
- Advisory Committee on the Dean, of the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management
- Advisory Committee on the Dean, of the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing
- Advisory Committee on the Principal of University College
- Advisory Committee on the Principal of Woodsworth College
Questions and comments about searches should be directed via email to the Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar.
Chair/Director Committee Membership Submission
Go to the Chair/Director Committee Membership Submission tool.
The University has launched a review of the relationships among its three campuses, under the theme identified in Towards 2030, “One University, Three Campuses.” The review will be built on five pillars, each with its own working group, and guided by a steering committee with tri-campus representation.
Read more about the Tri-Campus Review.
Budget Model Review
The University’s budget is the mechanism by which operating funds are allocated to various divisions in the institution. As such, it is a key tool in the management of the University, particularly in enabling it to fulfill its mission and achieve its academic goals.
Read more about the Budget Model Review.
Principals & Deans (P&D)
The Principals & Deans Committee (P&D) consists of Principals and Deans, Vice-Presidents, Vice-Provosts, and the President.
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors, and Chairs (PDAD&C)
Academic Administrators who have been appointed under the Policy on the Appointment of Academic Administrators, as well as certain other senior administrators, are members of the Principals, Deans, Academic Directors, and Chairs Committee (PDAD&C).
Council of Health Sciences (CHS)
The Council of Health Sciences (CHS) represents the University of Toronto (U of T) health sciences sector and facilitates collaboration and enhancement of health science research and education endeavours. All health professional Faculties and programs are represented on the Council. Through the CHS Chair, the CHS reports directly to the Provost.
Prevention & Response to Sexual Violence
The Final Report of the Presidential and Provostial Advisory Committee on Prevention and Response to Sexual Violence was released February 2, 2016. Composed of tri-campus representatives from among students, staff, and faculty, the committee and its three working groups were tasked with establishing a set of recommendations to prevent and respond to sexual violence at the University of Toronto.
Read more about the action plan and expert panel on sexual violence policies.