Student Mental Health
The Final Report of the Presidential & Provostial Task Force on Student Mental Health (PDF) was submitted to the President and Provost in December 2019, and was released on January 15, 2020 along with an Administrative Response (PDF).
The Response accepted all of the Task Force’s recommendations and announced a new partnership with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), whose expertise is helping to guide the implementation of recommendations.
Track the status and implementation of the recommendations arising from the Presidential and Provostial Task Force on Student Mental Health.
In a letter to students, faculty, and staff on March 28 2019, President Gertler announced that the University will implement a four-part plan of action on student mental health and wellness: 1) convene a Presidential and Provostial Task Force on Student Mental Health; 2) utilize the Undergraduate Student Educational Experience (USEE) Expert Panel and School of Graduate Studies (SGS) consultations on student experience as a foundation for enhancing the culture of support for students; 3) engage with our partners in the health system in the Toronto region to better serve students with mental illness; and 4) redouble efforts to impress upon the provincial government the need to provide significantly more resources for university student mental health.
To initiate this plan, the University convened the Presidential & Provostial Task Force on Student Mental Health. The Task Force built upon the progress underway on the priorities identified in the Student Mental Health Framework. The full mandate of the Task Force is outlined in its Terms of Reference.
Related Documents & Resources
- Administrative Response to the Final Report of thePresidential and Provostial Task Force on Student Mental Health (January 2020)
- Final Report of the Presidential & Provostial Task Force on Student Mental Health (December 2019)
- Draft Summary of Themes (Nov 2019)
- Outreach & Engagement Plan
- PDAD&C Memo: Outreach & Engagement Promotion (September 6, 2019)
- PDAD&C Memo: Outreach & Engagement Plan – Phase 1 (July 12, 2019)
- PDAD&C Memo: Membership Announcement & Draft Outreach & Engagement Plan (May 31, 2019)
- Task Force Terms of Reference
- President’s Letter (March 28, 2019)
- PDAD&C Memo: Announcement – Call for Nominations (April 5, 2019)
- Mental Health Framework (2014)