Operational Excellence Working Group
The Operational Excellence Working Group initially focused on the collection of data about the distribution of activities and costs associated with the professional, operational, and technical staff that support teaching and research, as well as a survey of faculty and staff perceptions of the effectiveness of operational services. This data collection exercise was undertaken as part of a benchmarking exercise with 49 other global universities as part of the Uniforum program.
The first Service Effectiveness survey was conducted in October 2018, followed by the collection of activity and cost data in June 2019. These initial data were reviewed in fall 2019 and used to engage academic leaders in understanding the data structure and advising on next steps for data review and analysis. The intention was to launch a second iteration of data collection in the spring of 2020. However, COVID-19 has placed a significant strain on our community and challenges our collective ability to gather robust data. As a result, the University opted to defer the second round of data collection until 2021.
This working group has transitioned into an ongoing committee that will continue working beyond the period of the review, and will focus on the use of data from Uniforum as well as other sources (e.g. COU, U15, AAU) to determine how the University can better deliver services to academic divisions.
- Scott Mabury, Vice-President, Operations & Real Estate Partnerships (Co-Chair)
- Kelly Hannah-Moffat, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity (Co-Chair)
- Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost
- Ulrich Krull, Vice-President & Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Wisdom Tettey, Vice-President & Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Vivek Goel, Vice-President, Research & Innovation
- Susan McCahan, Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education
- Sheila Brown, Chief Financial Officer
- Trevor Rodgers, Assistant Vice-President, Planning and Budget
- Althea Blackburn-Evans, Communications Strategy & Stakeholder Relations
- Horatio Bot, Director of Financial Services, Faculty of Arts & Science