Council of Health Sciences (CHS)
The Council of Health Sciences (CHS) represents the University of Toronto health sciences sector and facilitates collaboration and enhancement of health science research and education endeavours. All health professional Faculties and programs are represented on the Council. Through the CHS Chair, the CHS reports directly to the Provost.
For the COVID-19 Curriculum, please see the Resources section below.
- Advise and report regularly to the Provost on all matters relevant to the health sciences sector and its education and research programs;
- Work collectively on common academic issues and their implementation;
- Identify opportunities for common policies/practices and common management support for education and research across the health sciences sector;
- Promote interprofessional education across all health professional programs and optimize the resources to do so;
- Ensure that the health sciences sector is adequately and appropriately represented at all levels of University governance; and,
- Work collectively on partnership opportunities involving local, national and international organizations of strategic significance to the University.
The Council of Health Sciences is a standing committee of the Vice-President & Provost. CHS members include the Dean of each of the seven health sciences Faculties. The main function of the Executive is to serve as a group with equal representation from each of the health sciences Faculties to determine the direction of CHS on matters that need to be discussed and decided at a decanal level for the Faculties represented. Delegates may not be sent on behalf of Executive Members to these meetings.
Linda Johnston, Dean, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing (Chair)
Adalsteinn Brown, Dean, Dalla Lana School of Public Health (Vice-Chair)
Lisa Dolovich, Interim Dean, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
Daniel Haas, Dean, Faculty of Dentistry
Ira Jacobs, Dean, Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
Dexter Voisin, Dean, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
Trevor Young, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, and Vice-Provost, Relations with Health Care Institutions
The Council meets seven times per year from September to June. Pre-arranged guest presentations/discussions by relevant constituencies are welcomed at meetings.
The health science Faculties at the University of Toronto have collaborated to produce a COVID-19 Curriculum available to the public. Download it here:
Office of the Vice-Provost, Relations with Health Care Institutions