Search Committee for a Principal of University College
PDAD&C #20, 2003-04
Faculty, Staff and Students of University College
|From:||Shirley Neuman, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||December 5, 2003|
|Re:||Search Committee for a Principal of University College|
|cc:||R. Birgeneau, President
Professor Paul Perron will end his term as Principal of University College on June 30, 2004, after which he will be taking a well-earned administrative leave and then retiring.
In accordance with Section 62 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators (Perron Rules), I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the search committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Principal for University College. The Perron Rules mandate the potential composition of the committee, as
- The Vice-President and Provost or representative (chair);Three to five members of the teaching staff of the College and/or those who teach in the College’s programs;
- One to three students of the College;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- The Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science or representative;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College, and
- A librarian, where appropriate.
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a and one or two
members of the administrative staff.
Nominations should be sent to the attention of Sheree Drummond, Assistant Provost and Special Assistant to the Provost by December 19, 2003. She can be reached by phone at (416) 978-6194, by fax at (416) 978-3939 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org