Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
|To:||Faculty, Students, and Staff, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||May 30, 2014|
|cc:||President Meric Gertler
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work|
On June 30, 2015, Professor Faye Mishna will complete her first term as Dean of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work. Professor Mishna is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
• In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the fall term. Nominations for the Committee should be sent by Friday, June 13, 2014, via the Office of the Provost’s online web form at:
Questions about this search should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.