Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of OISE
|To:||Faculty, Students, and Staff, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE)
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||May 29, 2014|
|cc:||President Meric Gertler
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of OISE|
On June 30, 2015, Professor Julia O'Sullivan will complete her first term as Dean of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto. Professor O'Sullivan is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the fall term. Nominations for the Committee should be sent by Thursday, June 12, 2014, via the Office of the Provost’s online web form at:
Questions about this search should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.