Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto at Scarborough (UTSC)
|To:||Faculty, Students, and Staff of the University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||President Meric Gertler
Vice-President & Provost Cheryl Regehr
|Date:||February 3, 2014|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)|
As announced on January 21, 2014, Professor Franco Vaccarino has accepted the position of President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Guelph. He will be stepping down from his position as Vice-President of the University of Toronto and Principal of the University of Toronto Scarborough, effective February 15, 2014.
In accordance with Section 62 (b) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the committee that will advise on the appointment of a new Vice-President and Principal.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
• The President (Chair);
• The Vice-President and Provost;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the campus;
• One to three students of the campus;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the campus;
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
The advisory committee will begin meeting in the spring with the objective of completing the search as soon as possible. Nominations for the committee should be sent by February 14, 2014, via the Office of the Provost's online web form at:
Questions should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.