Nominations for the Advisory Committee for Dean of the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
PDAD&C# 63, 2012-13
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||June 7, 2013|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Committee for Dean of the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design|
|cc:||President David Naylor
On June 30, 2014, Professor Richard Sommer will complete his first term as Dean of the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design. Professor Sommer is eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations for the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Dean. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty; and
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The advisory committee will begin meeting this fall.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by June 30, 2013, via the Vice-President and Provost's web site online form at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/FALD.htm.
Questions should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.