Announcement re: Henry Mann, and Nominations for an Interim Dean and for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
PDAD&C #62, 2012-13
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||June 5, 2013|
|Re:||Announcement re: Henry Mann, Dean of the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
Nominations for an Interim Dean and for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
|cc:||President David Naylor
Professor Henry Mann, Dean of the Leslie Dan Faculty Pharmacy, will be leaving the University of Toronto effective June 30, 2013, to take up an opportunity elsewhere. I extend my warmest congratulations to Dean Mann and wish him great success in his new endeavour.
As we move towards a transition with a very short timeline, I am soliciting input from faculty, staff and students of the Faculty of Pharmacy on the appointment of an Interim Dean. Nominations and thoughts about the desired qualities of the Interim Dean should be sent to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2013.
In addition and in accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am also writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the composition of the search committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty.
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and/or a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
Nominations for members of the Advisory Committee should be submitted by June 30, 2013, via the Provost's website online form at: http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/Nominations_for_the_Advisory_Committee_for_Dean_of_the_Leslie_Dan_Faculty_of_Pharmacy.htm