Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for the Principal of Woodsworth College
PDAD&C# 16, 2012-13
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Woodsworth College
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|Cc:||President David Naylor
|Date:||October 9, 2012|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for the Principal of Woodsworth College|
Professor Joe Desloges will end his term as Principal of Woodsworth College on June 30, 2013. He is eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 62 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the search committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Principal of the College. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the College and/or those who teach in the College's programs;
• One to three students of the College;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• The Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science or representative;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College; and
• A librarian, where appropriate.
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a and one or two members of the administrative staff.
The search committee will begin meeting later this year with the objective of completing the search as soon as possible.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by October 23, 2012, via the Provost's web site online form at www.provost.utoronto.ca > Committees > Advisory Committees http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/Woodsworth.htm