UTORecruit Technical Requirements
|| Edith Hillan, Vice Provost, Faculty & Academic Life
| April 24, 2012
|Re:||UTORecruit Technical Requirements|
We will shortly be upgrading the UTORecruit System. Our office will be issuing a number of PDAD&C memos over the coming weeks to inform you of various stages of this process. It is very important that you read these and ensure they reach the appropriate people in your unit.
Below are the technical requirements and required programs which must be installed on the computers of all users (including search committee members) in order to use the new Taleo 12A software which runs UTORecruit.
1. Operating System
PC - Windows XP or Vista or 7 with latest updates and service packs
Mac - OS X 10.6 and above
2. Browsers enabled with Flash
• For additional info on Adobe Flash http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
a. Recommended Browsers: PC
- Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or 9 with latest updates -or-
- Firefox - latest version (currently 11)
- Two different versions of Adobe Flash may be required if you wish to use both browsers (e.g. IE specific Flash and Flash for other browsers) http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
- If there are issues with Flash, please uninstall completely all Flash versions using the following instructions: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html
b. Recommend Browers: Mac
- Safari 5 and above -or-
- Firefox - latest version
- Adobe Flash for Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.7 can be found at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
- If there are issues with Flash, please uninstall completely all Flash versions using the following instructions: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html
We strongly recommend that everyone involved in an active academic search contact their local IT support team as soon as possible to ensure their computers are ready to use when the upgraded system goes live on May 4th, 2012. The old version of UTORecruit will not be available after May 1st, 2012.
For UTORecruit technical support and questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. However note that the UTORecruit system administrator and EASI staff cannot help with local computer support issues such as software updates.