Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry
|| Faculty, Staff and Students, Faculty of Dentistry
| Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost
|| President David Naylor
||September 16, 2011|
||Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry|
On June 30, 2012, Professor David Mock will complete his second term as Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry. Professor Mock is not eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations for the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Dean. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
* The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
* Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
* One to three students of the Faculty;
* The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
* A librarian, where appropriate;
* Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
* In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The advisory committee will begin meeting this fall.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by September 28, 2011, via the Vice-President and Provost's web site online form.
Questions should be directed to Sheree Drummond, Assistant Provost, by phone at 416-978-6194 or firstname.lastname@example.org