Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Forestry
|To:||Staff and Students of the Faculty of Forestry
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||March 14, 2012|
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Forestry|
On June 30, 2012, Professor Sandy Smith will complete her term as Dean of the Faculty of Forestry.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty.
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by Thursday, April 5, 2012, via the Vice-President and Provost's web site online form at
Questions should be directed to Sheree Drummond, Assistant Provost, at email@example.com or 416-978-6194.