Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management
PDAD&C #88, 2009-10
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management; PDAD&C|
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|CC:||President David Naylor |
|Date:||May 11, 2010|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management|
On April 30, 2011, Professor Roger Martin will complete his second term as Dean of the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations for the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Dean. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
* The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
* Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
* One to three students of the Faculty;
* The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
* A librarian, where appropriate;
* Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
* In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
Prof. Martin has completed two terms as Dean of the Rotman School of Management. The President has exercised his option, as provided for in the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, to allow Prof. Martin to be considered for a third term. As per that policy, the advisory committee will recommend whether the Dean should be re-appointed.
The advisory committee will begin meeting this fall.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by May 27, via the Vice-President and Provost's web site online form at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/mgmt.htm
Questions should be directed to Helen Lasthiotakis, Director, Academic Programs and Policy by phone at 416.946.0501 or email email@example.com.