Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Physical Education and Health
PDAD&C #59, 2006-07
|To:||Staff and Students of the Faculty of Physical Education and Health |
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Vivek Goel, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||May 24, 2007|
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Physical Education and Health|
|cc:||President David Naylor |
On June 30, 2008, Professor Bruce Kidd will complete his term as Dean of the Faculty of Physical Education and Health. Professor Kidd is not eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandate the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty.
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The advisory committee will begin meeting by the Fall with the objective of completing the search as soon as possible.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by June 21, via the Vice-President and Provost’s web site online form at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/peh/nom.htm
Questions should be directed to Helen Lasthiotakis, Director, Policy and Planning by phone at 416.946.0501 or email email@example.com.