Review of Memorandum of Agreement between UofT and the Federated Universities
PDAD&C #34, 2003-2004
M E M O R A N D U M
Vice-President Government & Institutional Relations
|Date:||March 31, 2004|
Review of the Memorandum of Agreement between the University of Toronto and the Federated Universities - Terms of Reference
The Memorandum of Agreement between the University of Toronto and the Federated Universities, effective July 1, 1998, provides for a mid-term review by the Heads of each of the parties in order to determine whether any changes to its provisions are required. Accordingly, a review team has been established with the following terms of reference and membership:
The mandate of the review team is to assess experience under the current MOA, to report on compliance by the respective parties, to consider any changes in the context of the MOA over the course of its current term, to assess the degree to which its terms remain appropriate, and to make recommendations accordingly. In particular, the Task Force will:
1. Consider whether the fundamental purposes of the MOA as set out in the preamble are being fulfilled.
2. Consider whether any changes of the following types should be made:
a) Any aspects of the agreement that should be amended at this time (under section IX.4.c).
b) Any aspects that should be flagged for consideration for amendment when the term of this Memorandum expires.
c) Any changes that should be made in practices and procedures to improve the implementation of the Memorandum in its current form.
- Professor Paul Gooch, President, Victoria University (co-chair)
- Professor Carolyn Tuohy, Vice-President, Government and Institutional Relations, University of Toronto (co-chair)
- Professor Mark McGowan, Principal, St. Michael’s College
- Mr. Geoffrey Seaborn, Bursar, University of Trinity College
- Professor Pekka Sinervo, Dean, Faculty of Arts and Science, University of Toronto
- Professor Safwat Zaky, Vice-Provost, Planning and Budget, University of Toronto
The review team may establish such working groups as it deems appropriate to make recommendations on specific dimensions of the Memorandum.
The review team will report to the Heads of the parties to the Memorandum by June 30, 2004.
Submissions for the consideration of the review team should be sent to Ms. Lesley Lewis, Room 206, Simcoe Hall, 27 King’s College Circle, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 1A1 or at email@example.com, by April 30, 2004.