Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean of the University of Toronto Mississauga
PDAD&C #86, 2014-15
Faculty, Staff, and Students of the University of Toronto Mississauga
Deep Saini, Vice-President, University of Toronto & Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga
May 13, 2015
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean of the University of Toronto Mississauga|
Professor Amy Mullin will complete her term as Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean of the University of Toronto Mississauga on December 31, 2015, and she will not seek a second term. We want to take this opportunity to express our deepest gratitude to Amy on behalf of the entire UTM community for her outstanding service. Under her leadership, the campus has undergone a tremendous academic growth and quality improvement, and she will be leaving the institution in great form to embrace the opportunities and challenges of the future.
In accordance with Section 62 (c) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
- the campus Principal or representative who shall chair the committee;
- the Vice-President and Provost or representative;
- the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- three to five members of the teaching staff of the College or Division;
- one to three students of the College or Division;
- a librarian, where appropriate; and
- two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College or Division;
- in addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
Nominations for the Committee should be sent by May 23, 2015 to Colleen McColeman, Executive Assistant to the Vice-President & Principal, Rm. 3216, William G. Davis Building, University of Toronto Mississauga or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.