Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Information
PDAD&C #80, 2014-15
|To:|| Faculty, Students, and Staff, Faculty of Information
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost|
President Meric Gertler
|Date:||April 2, 2015|
|Re:|| Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Information
On December 31, 2015, Professor Seamus Ross will complete his seven year term as Dean of the Faculty of Information. Professor Ross is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
- In addition, the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the summer term. Nominations for the Committee should be sent by Monday, April 20, 2015, via the Office of the Provost’s online web form at:http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/searches/DeanInformation.htm
Questions about this search may be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.