Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee on the Appointment of a Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga
|To:||Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni, University of Toronto Mississauga
University Affairs Board
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors, and Chairs
Professionals, Managers, and Confidential Staff
President of UTFA
Presidents of Employee Unions
Presidents of APUS, GSU, SCSU, UTMSU and UTSU
|From:||Professor Meric Gertler, President
Professor Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost
|Date:||November 19, 2014|
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee on the Appointment of a Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga|
On June 30, 2015 Professor Hargurdeep (Deep) Saini will be completing his first term as Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga. Professor Saini is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 62 (b) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the committee that will advise on the appointment of a Vice-President and Principal. The Committee’s first task will be to undertake a review and advise me on priorities that should be considered for the Vice-President and Principal. Given that Professor Saini is eligible to be re-appointed, the Committee will also consider whether to recommend re-appointment or to proceed with a search.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
• The President (Co-Chair);
• The Vice-President and Provost (Co-Chair);
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the campus;
• One to three students of the campus;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the campus;
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
Mr. Louis Charpentier, Secretary of the Governing Council, will serve as secretary to the Committee. Ms Sheree Drummond, Deputy Secretary, will also provide support.
Nominations for membership on the Advisory Committee should be sent by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 28, 2014 using the confidential online form available at: https://uoftgc.wufoo.com/forms/nomination-form-vicepresident-principal-utm/
Questions should be directed to the Secretary at email@example.com.