Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Principal of New College
|To:||Faculty, Students and Staff, New College
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||July 4, 2014|
|cc:||President Meric Gertler
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Principal of New College|
On June 30, 2015, Professor Yves Roberge will complete his term as Principal of New College. Professor Roberge is eligible for reappointment.
In accordance with Section 62 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Advisory Committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Principal of the College. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the College and/or those who teach in the College’s programs;
• One to three students of the College;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• The Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science or representative;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College; and
• A librarian, where appropriate.
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a and one or two members of the administrative staff.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting in the fall term. Nominations for the Committee should be sent by Friday, July 25, 2014, via the Office of the Provost’s online web form at:
Questions about this search should be directed to Joan Griffin, Assistant Director, Office of the Vice-Provost, Students & First-Entry Divisions, at email@example.com.