Just-In-Time Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators
PDAD&C # 14, 2014-15
|From:||Sioban Nelson, Interim Vice-Provost, Faculty & Academic Life|
|Date:||August 13, 2014|
|Re:||Just-In-Time Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators|
I am pleased to provide details of the Just-in-Time workshop and seminar series for 2014-15 intended solely for academic administrators (e.g. Chairs, Associate/Vice Deans, Deans, Vice Principals and Principals). These workshops are scheduled to precede major policy events in the academic calendar, these sessions provide an overview of relevant policy, a refresher on the procedures and some tips from experienced Chairs/Deans.
The workshops will be held from 12pm to 2pm and lunch will be provided. They will be held in various Simcoe Hall meeting spaces including, Governing Council Chambers [GCC], Simcoe Hall Boardroom [BR] and The President’s Boardroom [PB]. More sessions will be added throughout the year.
• September 4, 2014 – Integrating New Faculty [GCC]
• September 11, 2014 – Establishing Tenure Committees [BR]
• September 25, 2014 – Governance, Administration & Decision Making at U of T [PB]
• October 2, 2014 – Promotion to Full Professor [GCC]
• October 16, 2014 – Research & Study Leave [GCC]
• November 6, 2014 – Time Management [GCC]
• November 13, 2014 – Recruitment & Immigration [GCC]
• November 20, 2014 – Chairing a Tenure Committee [GCC]
• December 2, 2014 – Writing Effective Internal Reports for Tenure [GCC]
* Please note: This session is open to all Chairs of tenure committees as well as to those faculty who are acting as members of an Internal Teaching or Reading Committee.
• December 4, 2014 – Assessing Teaching Effectiveness in Tenure and Promotion [GCC]
*Please note: This session is open to all Chairs of tenure or senior lecturer promotions committees as well as to those faculty who are acting as members of an Internal Teaching Committee.
• January 15, 2015 – Managing Mental Health & Wellness in Faculty, Staff & Students [GCC]
• January 29, 2015 – Research Issues [GCC]
• March 5, 2015 – PTR [GCC]
• March 12, 2015 – Promotion to Senior Lecturer [GCC]
• March 19, 2015 – Third Year Review [GCC]
For more information and to register, please visit our website: http://www.faculty.utoronto.ca/events/academic-administrators/just-in-time-series/