Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Law
|To:||Faculty, Students, and Staff, Faculty of Law
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||February 25, 2014|
|cc:||President Meric Gertler
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Law|
As announced yesterday, Professor Mayo Moran has accepted the position of Provost at Trinity College. She will be stepping down from her position as Dean of the Faculty of Law, effective April 30, 2014.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise on the appointment of a new Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff and, in the case of professional faculties or schools, a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting this spring with the objective of completing the search as soon as possible. Nominations for the committee should be sent by Monday, March 10, 2014, via the Office of the Provost's online web form at:
Questions about this search should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.