Just-In-Time Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators
|From:||Edith Hillan, Vice Provost, Faculty & Academic Life|
|Date:||July 30, 2013|
|Re:||Just-In-Time Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators|
I am pleased to provide details of the Just-in-Time workshop and seminar series for 2013-14 intended solely for academic administrators (e.g. Chairs, Associate/Vice Deans, Deans, Vice Principals and Principals). These workshops are scheduled to precede major policy events in the academic calendar, these sessions provide an overview of relevant policy, a refresher on the procedures and some tips from experienced Chairs/Deans.
The workshops will be held from 12pm to 2pm and lunch will be provided. They will be held in various Simcoe Hall meeting spaces including, Governing Council Chambers [GCC], Simcoe Hall Boardroom [BR] and The President's Boardroom [PB]. More sessions will be added throughout the year.
• September 5, 2013 - Establishing Tenure Committees [GCC]
• September 12, 2013 - Integrating New Faculty [PB]
• October 3, 2013 - Promotion to Full Professor [GCC]
• October 10, 2013 - Research & Study Leave [GCC]
• October 24, 2013 - Governance, Administration & Decision Making at U of T [GCC]
• November 14, 2013 - Promotion to Senior Lecturer [BR]
• November 21, 2013 - Chairing a Tenure Committee [GCC]
• December 5, 2013 - Assessing Teaching Effectiveness in Tenure and Promotion [GCC]
*Please note: This session is open to all Chairs of tenure or senior lecturer promotions committees as well as to those faculty who are acting as members of an Internal Teaching Committee.
• March 6, 2014 - PTR [GCC]
• March 20, 2014 - Third Year Review [GCC]
For more information and to register, please visit our website: http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/link/for_faculty/events/aaevents/jit-2013-14.htm