Just-In-Time Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators
|From:||Edith Hillan, Vice Provost, Faculty & Academic Life|
|Date:||August 8, 2012|
|Re:||Just-In-Time Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators|
I am pleased to provide details of the Just-in-Time workshop and seminar series for 2012-13 intended solely for academic administrators (e.g. Chairs, Associate/Vice Deans, Deans, Vice Principals and Principals). These workshops are scheduled to precede major policy events in the academic calendar, these sessions provide an overview of relevant policy, a refresher on the procedures and some tips from experienced Chairs/Deans.
The workshops will be held from 12pm to 2pm and lunch will be provided. They will take place in Governing Council Chambers, Simcoe Hall [GCC] or Room 107, McMurrich Building [MM] as indicated. More sessions will be added throughout the year.
• September 13, 2012 - Establishing Tenure Committees [GCC]
• September 27, 2012 - Governance, Administration & Decision Making at U of T [MM]
• October 4, 2012 - Promotion to Full Professor [MM]
• October 11, 2012 - Research & Study Leave [GCC]
• October 25, 2012 - Integrating New Faculty [MM]
• November 1, 2012 - Promotion to Senior Lecturer [GCC]
• November 22, 2012 - Chairing a Tenure Committee [GCC]
• December 6, 2012 - Assessing Teaching Effectiveness in Tenure and Promotion [MM]
*Please note: This session is open to all Chairs of tenure or senior lecturer promotions committees as well as to those faculty who are acting as members of an Internal Teaching Committee.
• March 7, 2013 - PTR [GCC]
• March 21, 2013 - Third Year Review [GCC]
For more information and to register, please visit our website: www.provost.utoronto.ca/link/events/aaevents/jit-2012-13.htm.