Nominations for an Interim Dean and for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing
PDAD&C #67, 2012-13
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||June 19, 2013|
|Re:||Nominations for an Interim Dean and for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing|
|cc:||President David Naylor
As announced yesterday (PDAD&C#66, 2012-13), Dean Sioban Nelson has been appointed Vice-Provost Academic Programs at the University of Toronto. She will be resigning as Dean of the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing effective July 31, 2013.
We will be appointing an Interim Dean shortly. This interim appointment will allow us to conduct a full, but expeditious, search for the next Dean of the Faculty. I am soliciting input from the faculty, staff and students of the Faculty on this interim appointment.
Nominations and thoughts about the desired qualities of the Interim Dean should be sent to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2013.
In addition and in accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the composition of the search committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty.
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and, in the case of professional faculties or schools, a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
Nominations for members of the Advisory Committee should be submitted by July 15, 2013, via the Provost's website online form at: http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/Nursing.htm.