Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Appointment of Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean, University of Toronto Scarborough
PDAD&C# 65, 2012-13
|To:||Faculty, staff, and students at University of Toronto Scarborough
|From:||Franco J. Vaccarino, Vice-President and Principal, UTSC
Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost
|Date:||June 10, 2013|
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Appointment of Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean, University of Toronto Scarborough|
|cc:||President David Naylor
On June 30, 2014, Professor Rick Halpern will complete his first term as Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean of the University of Toronto Scarborough. Professor Halpern is eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 62 (c) of the Policy on the Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean.
The Policy mandates the composition of the advisory committee as follows:
• University of Toronto Scarborough Principal (Chair);
• Vice-President and Provost;
• Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the University of Toronto Scarborough;
• One to three students of the University of Toronto Scarborough;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside the University, but outside University of Toronto Scarborough; and
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, member of the administrative staff, and/or qualified individual from outside of the University.
The advisory committee will begin meeting in the fall term.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by June 30, 2013, via the Provost's website at: http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/UTSC.htm.
Questions should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com.