Nominations for Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science
PDAD&C #41, 2012-13
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Faculty of Arts & Science |
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|CC:||President David Naylor |
|Date:||March 6, 2013|
|Re:||Nominations for an Interim Dean of the Faculty of Arts & Science and |
Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Arts & Science
As announced on Monday by the Chair of Governing Council, Dean Meric Gertler has been appointed the 16th President of the University of Toronto. I extend my warmest congratulations to our President-Designate, and thank the Faculty of Arts and Science for producing a leader with such integrity, grace, ability, and vision.
As we move towards the Presidential transition, I am soliciting input from faculty, staff and students of the Faculty of Arts & Science on the appointment of an Interim Dean. Nominations and thoughts about the desired qualities of the Interim Dean should be sent to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at email@example.com by March 18, 2013.
In addition and in accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am also writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the Committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the composition of the search committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty.
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a and a member of the administrative staff.
Nominations for members of the Advisory Committee should be submitted by April 1, 2013, via the Provost’s website online form at: