Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators
||Edith Hillan, Vice Provost, Faculty & Academic Life|
||29th August 2011|
||Workshops for New and Continuing Academic Administrators|
I am pleased to provide details of the workshop and seminar series for Academic Administrators for 2011-12.
1. 'Just-in-Time' Workshops
Scheduled to precede major policy events in the academic calendar, these sessions provide an overview of relevant policy, a refresher on the procedures and some tips from experienced Chairs/Deans.
The workshops will be held from 12pm to 2pm (unless otherwise specified) and lunch will be provided. They will take place in Governing Council Chambers, Simcoe Hall [GCC] or Room 107, McMurrich Building [MM] as indicated. More sessions will be added throughout the year.
* September 15, 2011 - Establishing Tenure Committees [GCC]
*Please Note: This session will be held from 11:00am to 1:30pm.
* September 27, 2011 - Faculty Recruitment [MM]
* October 4, 2011 - Promotion to Full Professor [MM]
* October 6, 2011 - Research & Study Leave [GCC]
* October 20, 2011 - Workload Policy [GCC]
* November 3, 2011 - Promotion to Senior Lecturer [GCC]
* November 17, 2011 - Chairing a Tenure Committee [GCC]
* December 8, 2011 - Assessing Teaching Effectiveness in Tenure and Promotion [GCC]
*Please Note: This session is open to all Chairs of tenure or senior lecturer promotions committees as well as to those faculty who are acting as members of an Internal Teaching Committee.
* January 26, 2012 - Research Issues [GCC]
* March 1, 2012 - PTR [GCC]
* March 29, 2012 - Third Year Review [GCC]
For more information and to register, please visit our website: http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/link/events/aaevents/jit-2011-12.htm
2. The Breakfast Club
Once again this year, we will be holding two breakfast sessions, one in the fall semester and one in the winter semester. The first will be hosted by the President with the Vice-Presidents in attendance and the second by the Provost with the Vice-Provosts in attendance. The breakfasts are an opportunity for new and experienced academic administrators to meet in an informal setting, enjoy breakfast and discuss key issues of the day with the President and Vice-Presidents and the Provost and Vice-Provosts. The breakfast sessions will be held in the Faculty Club from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
* November 22, 2011 - President and Vice Presidents
* March 6, 2012 - Provost and Vice-Provosts
To confirm your attendance, please register online: