President's Teaching Award Recipients
||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||April 27, 2011|
|Re:||President's Teaching Award Recipients|
I am pleased to announce that at its meeting on April 26 the Academic Board approved the appointment of the 2010-11 President's Teaching Award Recipients. They are as follows:
* Senior Lecturer Paul Gries, Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Arts & Science
* Professor Mark Kingwell, Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts & Science
* Senior Lecturer June Larkin, Women and Gender Studies Institute, Faculty of Arts & Science
* Professor Michael Lettieri, Department of Language Studies, University of Toronto Mississauga
* Professor Susan Lieff, Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine
The President's Teaching Award recognizes sustained excellence in teaching, research on teaching, and the integration of teaching and research. Recipients of a President's Teaching Award are designated as a member of the Teaching Academy for a five-year period and receive an annual professional development allowance of $10,000 for five years.
The biographies of this year's recipients as well as more information about the President's Teaching Award are available at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/Awards/presidentaward.htm.
In addition to congratulating this year's recipients, I would also like to thank the nominators for preparing the dossiers and the members of the Selection Committee for reviewing the nominations.