Workshops for New Academic Administrators
| To: ||PDAD&C|
|From:||Edith Hillan, Vice Provost, Faculty & Academic Life|
|Date:||Oct. 22, 2010|
|Re:||Workshops for New Academic Administrators|
I am pleased to provide further details of the workshop and seminar series for Academic Administrators for 2010-11.
1. The Breakfast Club
Once again this year, we will be holding two breakfast sessions, one in the fall semester and one in the winter semester. The first will be hosted by the President with the Vice-Presidents in attendance and the second by the Provost with the Vice-Provosts in attendance. The breakfasts are an opportunity for new and experienced academic administrators to meet in an informal setting, enjoy breakfast and discuss key issues of the day with the President and Vice-Presidents and the Provost and Vice-Provosts.
The breakfast sessions will be held in the Faculty Club from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- November 3, 2010 - President and Vice-Presidents
- March 22, 2011 - Provost and Vice-Provosts
2. ‘Just-in-Time’ Workshops
Scheduled to precede major human resource events in the academic calendar, these sessions provide an overview of relevant policy, a refresher on the procedures and some tips from experienced Chairs/Deans. Two new sessions have been added: 1. Policies, Politics & Decision Making at UofT on January 13, 2011 and 2. Student Affairs on March 10, 2011.
Please note: These sessions are intended solely for academic administrators.
- November 18, 2010 - Sick Leave, LTD and Accommodations
- December 09, 2010 - Managing Sessionals & TA's
- January 13, 2011 - Policies, Politics & Decision Making at UofT ** New **
- January 27, 2011 - Chairing a Tenure Committee
- March 03, 2011 – PTR
- March 10, 2011 – Student Affairs ** New **
- April 07, 2011 - Third Year Review
- April 28, 2011 - Promotion to Senior Lecturer