Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for the Principal of University College
PDAD&C #84, 2009-10
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, University College |
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|CC:||President David Naylor |
|Date:||April 30, 2010|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for the Principal of University College|
Professor Sylvia Bashevkin will end her term as Principal of University College on June 30, 2011. She is eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 62 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the search committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Principal of the College. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the committee as follows:
* The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
* Three to five members of the teaching staff of the College and/or those who teach in the College's programs;
* One to three students of the College;
* The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
* The Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science or representative;
* Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College.
* A librarian, where appropriate;
* In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a and one or two members of the administrative staff.
The advisory committee will begin meeting this fall.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by May 14 via the Vice-President and Provost's web site online form at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/UC.htm
Questions should be directed to Helen Lasthiotakis, Director, Academic Programs and Policy by phone at 416.946.0501 or email email@example.com