Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Law
PDAD&C# 83, 2009-10
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Faculty of Law |
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|CC:||President David Naylor |
|Date:||April 26, 2010|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Law|
On June 30, 2011, Professor Mayo Moran will complete her first term as Dean of the Faculty of Law. Professor Moran is eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations for the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Dean. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
* The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
* Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
* One to three students of the Faculty;
* The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
* A librarian, where appropriate;
* Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
* In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The advisory committee will begin meeting this fall.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by May 7, via the Vice-President and Provost's web site online form at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/LAW.htm
Questions should be directed to Helen Lasthiotakis, Director, Academic Programs and Policy by phone at 416.946.0501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.