Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Medicine
PDAD&C# 81, 2009-10
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Faculty of Medicine |
|From:||Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost|
|CC:||President David Naylor|
|Date:||April 23, 2010|
|Re:||Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Medicine|
On June 30, 2011, Professor Catharine Whiteside will complete her first term as Dean of the Faculty of Medicine. Professor Whiteside is eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations for the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a Dean. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
• The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
• Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
• One to three students of the Faculty;
• The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
• A librarian, where appropriate;
• Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
• In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The advisory committee may begin meeting this spring.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by May 5, via the Vice-President and Provost’s web site online form at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/MED/MEDnom.htm
Questions should be directed to Helen Lasthiotakis, Director, Academic Programs and Policy by phone at 416.946.0501 or email email@example.com.