Provost's Guidelines for Budgetary and Non-Budgetary Cross-Appointments
|FROM:||Edith Hillan, Vice-Provost, Faculty and Academic Life|
|DATE:||June 22, 2010|
|RE:||Provost's Guidelines for Budgetary and Non-Budgetary Cross-Appointments|
Please find the new Provost's Guidelines for Budgetary and Non-Budgetary Cross-Appointments that will form part of the revised Academic Administrative Procedures Manual for 2010-11.
The Guidelines provided bring together information that is included in a range of policies (e.g. Policy and Procedure on Academic Appointments, Policy on Promotion). In particular it includes:-
* Details on the responsibilities of primary and secondary units in the appointment process.
* Details of their responsibilities in regards to the review processes (e.g. Third Year Review, Tenure, and Promotion).
* Clarification of the role of secondary departments in the review processes.
* Details of the formation of tenure committees for faculty members holding budgetary cross-appointments.
* Clarification that faculty must hold non-budgetary cross-appointments to other units (undergraduate and graduate) rather than Status-only appointments.
* A template letter for a non-budgetary cross-appointment has been included.