Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the appointment of Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean, University of Toronto Scarborough
|TO:||Faculty, staff and students at University of Toronto Scarborough, Members of College Council, SCSU, Principals, Dean, Academic Directors and Chairs|
|CC:||President David Naylor, The Bulletin|
|From:||Franco J. Vaccarino, Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough, Vice-President University of Toronto|
|Date:||May 27, 2008|
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the appointment of Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean, University of Toronto Scarborough|
On June 30, 2009, Professor Ragnar-Olaf Buchweitz will complete his term as Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean of the University of Toronto Scarborough. Professor Buchweitz has indicated he will not be seeking re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 62 (c) of the Policy on the Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the composition of the advisory committee as follows:
- the University of Toronto Scarborough Principal or representative (Chair);
- the Vice-President and Provost or representative;
- the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- three to five members of the teaching staff of the University of Toronto Scarborough;
- three to five students of the University of Toronto Scarborough;
- a librarian, where appropriate; and
- two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside University of Toronto Scarborough;
- in addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside of the University.
The advisory committee will begin meeting in the fall term.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by June 13, 2008, via the online form.
Questions should be directed to Kim Richard, Director of Human Resource Services, 416.287.7077.