|From:||Vivek Goel, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||January 24, 2007|
|Re:||Leadership in Faculty Teaching Award (LIFT) Nominations|
In particular, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to stimulate students to think creatively and critically;
- Demonstrated caring for student learning;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for, and innovation in, teaching;
- Fostering development of students and their intellectual growth;
- Motivating students to exceed their own expectations;
- Mentoring and demonstrating care for the well-being of students and colleagues, thereby contributing to a positive college/university environment.
In addition, to be eligible for nomination, the nominee must:
- Teach full-time in a publicly funded Ontario college or university;
Have at least five years experience teaching at the postsecondary level;
Be planning on continued employment at a publicly funded Ontario college or university for the next two years;
Currently be teaching at least one undergraduate course (for the university sector);
Have not received this award previously.
We strongly encourage departments and/or faculty to nominate colleagues who best exemplify the qualities and expertise recognized by this award and hope to see nominations from across the disciplines.
The Nomination Process
Please note: Anyone planning to submit a nomination should contact Pam Gravestock in the Office of Teaching Advancement at 416-946-8585. If you would like to receive feedback on your nomination, please send it to Pam Gravestock by February 14, 2007. It will be reviewed and returned to you prior to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities’ nomination deadline of February 28, 2007.
Nominations may be initiated by a
For more information or to download a nomination package go to www.ontario.ca/facultyawards.