Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Vice Principal Academic and Dean UTM
PDAD&C #62, 2006-07
|To:||Faculty, Staff, and Students of the University of Toronto Mississauga|
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Ian Orchard, Vice-President & Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga|
|Date:||June 1, 2007|
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Advisory Committee for the Vice-Principal, Academic|
& Dean of the University of Toronto Mississauga
|cc.||President David Naylor|
On July 1, 2007, Professor Cheryl Misak will assume the role of Deputy Provost at the University of Toronto.
In accordance with Section 62 (c) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Vice-Principal, Academic & Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
- the campus Principal or representative who shall chair the committee;
- the Vice-President and Provost or representative;
- the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- three to five members of the teaching staff of the College;
- one to three students of the College;
- a librarian, where appropriate; and
- two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College;
- in addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a qualified individual from outside the University.
The Advisory Committee will begin meeting over the summer with the objective of completing the search as soon as possible.
Nominations for the Committee should be sent by June 21 to Colleen McColeman, Executive Assistant to the Vice-President & Principal, Rm. 3135-SB, University of Toronto Mississauga or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.