International Strategic Opportunities Program launched by the Ministry of Research and Innovation
PDAD&C #48, 2006-07
|DATE:||March 2, 2007|
|RE:||International Strategic Opportunities Program launched by the Ministry of Research and Innovation|
The Ministry of Research and Innovation announced the launch of the International Strategic Opportunities Program (ISOP). This new program provides funding for strategic international collaborations between
The five-year program will provide successful applicants with up to $150,000
in funding over three years, for new strategic international collaborations.
The funding is not intended to fund research activities, but to build and manage
early-stage research partnerships and coordinate the management of research
grant proposals and international workshops. Priority will be given to
collaborations with researchers in the
Funds received through this program can be spent on:
- consortia project management, including coordination and administration costs and management of research grant proposals
- missions to develop or expand research links in target sectors
- travel, including research exchange programs and hospitality costs for networking
- planning, coordinating and/or participating in international workshops, seminars, conferences, exhibitions and meetings to deliver information on best practises and international links
- publishing the proceeding associated with the above activities
The program will generally fund up to 50% of the eligible costs on a one-time basis, with the balance coming as cash or in-kind contributions from non-Ontario government sources.
For further information about ISOP, please refer to the Ministry's website at www.mri.gov.on.ca/english/programs/ISOP/program.asp. Please address any questions to MayLiza Baak of the GRIP Office (email@example.com).