43 Nominations for an Interim Dean and Search Committee for the Dean Faculty of Social Work
PDAD&C # 43, 2005-06
|To:||Faculty, Staff and Students, Faculty of Social Work|
|From:||Vivek Goel, Vice-President and Provost|
|CC:||President David Naylor|
|Date:||November 29, 2005|
|Re:||Nominations for an Interim Dean of the Faculty of Social Work|
and Nominations for the Search Committee for the
Dean of the Faculty of Social Work
As announced yesterday ( PDAD&C #42 http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/English/Memoranda.html ), Dean Jim Barber has been appointed Deputy Vice-Chancellor of RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia. Dean Barber will be resigning as Dean of the Faculty of Social Work effective December 31, 2005.
We will be appointing an Interim Dean shortly. This interim appointment will allow us to conduct a full, but expeditious, search for the next Dean of the Faculty of Social Work. I am soliciting feedback from the faculty, staff and students of the Faculty on this appointment.
Suggestions for the criteria that should be used in the selection of an Interim Dean as well as nominations for an Interim Dean should be sent to Helen Lasthiotakis at email@example.com by December 9, 2005.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am also writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the search committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandate the potential composition of the search committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty.
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The search committee will begin meeting by the new year with the objective of completing the search as soon as possible.
Nominations for the committee should be sent by January 6, 2006, via the Provost’s web site online form at www.provost.utoronto.ca > Committees > Search Committees(http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/English/Search-Committees.html).