29 Search Committee for a Principal of New College
PDAD&C #29, 2005-06
Faculty, Staff and Students of New College
|From:||Vivek Goel, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||October 24, 2005|
|Re:||Search Committee for a Principal of New College|
|Cc:||David Naylor, President |
Professor David Clandfield will end his term as Principal of New College on June 30, 2006. Professor Clandfield is not eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 62 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the search committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Principal for New College. The PAAA mandates the composition of the committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair)
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the College and/or those who teach in the College’s programs
- One to three students of the College
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative
- The Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science or representative
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the College, and
- A librarian, where appropriate.
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a and one or two members of the administrative staff.
The search committee will commence as a review committee, in keeping with the University’s established practice of conducting periodic divisional reviews at the end of a Principal’s term.
Nominations should be sent to the attention of Carol Robb, Assistant Vice-Provost, by November 7. She can be reached by phone at (416) 978-6662, by fax at (416) 971-1380 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org