8 Call for Nominations for the Search Committee for Dean of the Joseph L Rotman School of Management
PDAD&C # 8, 2004-2005
|To:||Staff and Students of the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management|
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
|From:||Vivek Goel, Vice-President and Provost|
|Date:||August 3, 2004|
|Re:||Call for Nominations for the Search Committee for Dean of the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management|
President R. Birgeneau
On June 30, 2005, Professor Roger Martin will complete his term as Dean of the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management. Professor Martin is eligible for re-appointment.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators (Perron Rules), I am writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the search committee that will advise the President on the
appointment of a Dean.
The Perron Rules mandate the potential composition of the search committee as follows:
- Vice-President and Provost or designate (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The search committee will commence as a review committee, in keeping with the University’s established practice of conducting periodic divisional reviews at the end of a Dean or Principal’s term. The Faculty has conducted a self-study and there has been an external review of the Faculty this past spring term. The self-study, the Faculty’s academic plan and the report of the external reviewers will be considered by the search committee in their review.
The search committee will begin meeting in the fall with the objective of completing the review by the end of the fall term, and identifying a Dean early in the year 2005, to allow for a smooth transition. Nominations for the committee should be sent via Provost’s web site online form at www.provost.utoronto.ca > Committees > Search Committees (http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/userfiles/HTML/nts_6_1628_1.html).
Nominations should be sent by September 10, 2004.
Questions should be directed to Helen Lasthiotakis, Director, Policy and Planning by phone at 416.946.0501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.