15 Nominations for an Interim Dean of the Faculty of Nursing and Search Committee Nominations
PDAD&C #15, 2004-05
Principals, Deans, Academic Directors & Chairs
|From:||Vivek Goel, Vice-President & Provost|
|Date:||October 8, 2004|
|Re:||Nominations for an Interim Dean of the Faculty of Nursing & Nominations for the Search Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Nursing|
|Cc:||President F. Iacobucci|
On October 31, 2004, Professor Dyanne Affonso will step down as Dean of the Faculty of Nursing. We will be appointing an Interim Dean shortly. This interim appointment will allow us to conduct a full search for the next Dean of the Faculty Nursing. I will be consulting with the faculty, staff and students of the Faculty on this appointment. Suggestions for the criteria that should be used in the selection of an Interim Dean as well as nominations for an Interim Dean should be sent to Sheree Drummond (Assistant Provost) at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2004.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am also writing to call for nominations of individuals to serve on the search committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Dean.
The Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators mandate the potential composition of the search committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost or representative (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty.
- In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
The University is committed to the vision of the Faculty of Nursing as outlined in its Stepping UP academic plan. The plan will be used as a self-study document by the search committee and will be very helpful in informing its deliberations.
Nominations for members of the search committee should be sent to the attention of Sheree Drummond by October 31, 2004; e-mail: email@example.com.