Updates - Memorandum of Agreement Renewal with UTFA
In the Spring of 2013, a Special Joint Advisory Committee (SJAC) was established with representatives of the University of Toronto and University of Toronto Faculty Association (UTFA) to discuss potential changes to the University’s Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the Governing Council and UTFA.
We are very pleased that representatives of UTFA and the University administration have reached a tentative agreement regarding changes to the Memorandum of Agreement and on related issues falling under the auspices of the Special Joint Advisory Committee process. It is to the credit of both parties and to our Facilitator, the Honourable Frank Iacobucci, that our shared strong commitment to the University of Toronto enabled us to reach a tentative agreement on these challenging and important issues.
UTFA and the University Administration have tentatively agreed to the following:
- Agreement between UTFA and the University Administration on MOA issues (October 10, 2014)
- Policy on Academic Restructuring (October 10, 2014)
- Revisions to Article 5 (October 10, 2014)
- PPAA II and III amendments regarding tenure (April 12, 2014)
The Faculty Association will engage in a consultation process with its members concerning these proposed changes, culminating in a ratification vote by the UTFA Council on December 15, 2014. After the UTFA Council vote, the University administration will engage with the relevant Governance bodies, including the Governing Council, to seek their endorsement.
Other SJAC Communications:
- Joint Release (October 27, 2014)
- Joint Release (July 15, 2014)
- Joint Release (April 15, 2014)
- Special Joint Advisory Committee Process Update Statement (July 2013)
- Important Message from the President re: Special Joint Advisory Committee with UTFA (March 1, 2013)
In the Fall of 2011, the Provost's Office released a series of communications regarding negotiations with UTFA. Those archived communications can be found at the links below.