Standing Committees are advisory groups formed to provide recommendations and organizational oversight in a particular area.
Current standing committees in the Office of the Vice-President and Provost:
- Principals and Deans (P&D)The Principals & Deans Committee (P&D) consists of College Principals and Deans, Vice-Presidents, Vice-Provosts, and the President
- Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs (PDAD&C)Academic administrators who have been appointed under the Policy on the Appointment of Academic Administrators, as well as certain other senior administrators, are members of the Principals, Deans, Academic Directors & Chairs Committee (PDAD&C).
- Round Table for the EnvironmentThe general mandate of the Round Table for the Environment at UofT is to provide an opportunity for communication and coordination of our activities in this area. The objective is to increase the visibility in the community, to provide advice about the structures and strategies to support collaborations among academic programs and research activities in the environment, to attract funding for them and to create dynamic and important partnerships with other organizations.
- Council of Health SciencesThe Council of Health Sciences (CHS) represents the University of Toronto (U of T) health sciences sector and facilitates collaboration and enhancement of health science research and education endeavours. All health professional Faculties and programs are represented on the Council. Through the CHS Chair, the CHS reports directly to the Provost.
- Council on Student ExperienceThis leadership forum was established by the Vice-President and Provost in February 2006 to enhance communications, coordinate efforts, build internal networks, and share leadership on matters that impinge directly on the sutdent experience.
- University of Toronto Art CommitteeThe University Art Committee is a committee advisory to the President of the University of Toronto. It meets at least annually at the call of the Vice-President and Provost or designate, who shall act as Chair of its meetings. The Committee is mandated to advise on broad policy matters respecting the University's works of art.