Advisory Committee for the Appointment of the Dean, Faculty of Forestry
As announced, Professor Mohini Sain will complete his first term as Dean of the Faculty of Forestry on June 30, 2017. Professor Sain has informed us that he does not wish to be considered for a term extension.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we are calling for the nominations of individuals to serve on the Advisory Committee that will advise on the appointment of a Dean.
The Policy mandates the composition of the Advisory Committee as follows:
- The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
- Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
- One to three students of the Faculty;
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- A librarian, where appropriate;
- Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside of the Faculty;
- In addition the Committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
Submit a nomination for the Advisory Committee
Nominations for the Advisory Committee should be submitted to the Provost’s Office via the online form by April 21, 2017.
Submit a nomination for the position of Dean
We are also inviting the submission of nominations for the position of Dean of the Faculty of Forestry. Nominations should be submitted to the Provost’s Office via the online form.
Questions about this search process should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.